Safe Biking Tips:
- Ride toward the right side of the road, leaving ample room on right to maneuver in an emergency. And always ride in the same direction as the traffic.
- Ride single file unless you know it is safe to ride double-file. Never ride more than double-file.
- Drivers signal their intentions to other drivers; so should cyclists:
- Warn other cyclists of hazards.
- When passing, say “on your left.”
- Use turn signals.
- When slowing or stopping, say “slowing” or “stopping.”
- No headphones; you need to hear cars approaching and warnings from other cyclists.
Explore the resources below for more safe biking tips: